Air Conditioning Repairs In and Around Huntsville, AL
If your air conditioning system needs servicing, it’s best to seek the help of a professional.
Our technicians stay up to date on the latest technology and techniques to provide you with reliable recommendations and service. If your heating and air conditioning system requires service, give us a call! Our courteous office staff will be happy to schedule service technician to arrive at your home in a convenient and timely manner.
Our techs arrive on the scene professionally dressed in his or her signature Thomas HVAC uniform. Our technicians are happy to go over the details of the diagnosis with you and explain step-by-step their reasoning for the professional recommendations they provide you; in fact, we encourage it. We want you to rest assured that you were provided with an honest, and accurate solution to your HVAC service needs. That’s just what you can expect with Huntsville’s HVAC Trane Comfort Specialists.
When Should You Call an AC Repair Company?
To make sure you don’t go long periods without the relief of air conditioning, it’s best to call for repairs before it breaks down. If you’re able to recognize the early signs of an AC in need of servicing, you can book a maintenance appointment before you’re forced to face the heat alone. Here are a few signs of what you should be looking for:
- Strange noises like squeaking or grinding coming from the unit
- Temperature isn’t correct
- Funky smells coming from your vents
- Skyrocketing energy bills
- Leaking of any kind around your unit
- Weak airflow through your vents
AC DIY Fixes before calling a pro:
Is Your Central Ac Not Working at All?
- Change the thermostat batteries. If your thermostat batteries are dead, your unit won't run.
- Check your breaker. Check to make sure your circuit breaker isn't tripped. Sometimes all it takes is pushing the breaker back to the ON position.
- Make sure your vents are open. If you're not getting any airflow, check to make sure a supply vent (the vents that push out cool air) didn't accidentally get closed.
Is Your Ac Blowing Warm Air?
- Check the thermostat switch. Check to make sure your thermostat is switched to "COOL" and not "HEAT". (It might sound obvious, but this happens.)
- Change your air filter. A dirty filter can cause a lot of AC problems. If yours is dirty, replace it with a new one.
- Clean the outdoor unit. Remove any leaves, sticks or other debris from the condenser coils on your outdoor unit. If you see a thick layer of dirt on the coils, you'll need a pro to clean them (they're very fragile).